Belkin wifi range extenders are devices similar to repeaters with just a few differences for receiving routers wireless signals. They can either be set up with or without using cables and wires.
Here, we will be looking into simple steps for setting up Belkin range extenders wirelessly using a Mac computer or any iOS device. We will also look into a few problems you might face in the process of setting up and provide an easy solution for them.
In order to perform the following steps, you’ll need a few things:
Belkin range extender (of course)
A wifi network as well as its wireless router. The wireless router’s network name and the wireless password is also needed.
(If the router you are using is a dual-band one, consider securing the wireless password and network name of the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network bands.)
- The last and the most obvious thing you’ll need is a wifi capable device, whether it is your Mac, iPhone, or whatever is available.
Steps to set up the Belkin range extender wirelessly
- Find an outlet that is in the range of the wireless network of the router and plug the Belkin range extender into it.
- With the help of your Mac or whatever device you are using, connect to the Belkin.setup network.
(In case the Belkin.setup network doesn’t appear in the networks list, you will have to reset the extender. You can easily do so by simply pressing and holding the reset button on your Belkin wifi range extender for about 10 to 15 seconds. Now, power cycles the Belkin range extender as well as your Mac and try connecting to the network again.)
- Once your device is connected to Belkin.setup, launch the browser and “https://belkin.range”. Instead of that, you can also try entering “https://192.168.206.1” in your address bar.
- The following page that’ll appear will have a big blue GET STARTED button, click on it.
- Now, you’ll see that the device is searching for your router’s network name or SSID.
- A list of the nearby wifi networks will appear, click on the one you’d like to expand and click next.
- If you don’t see your wifi network, try refreshing the page.
- Be patient and wait for the setup to connect to the selected network.
- Now, you’ll be asked to enter the password of your wifi network, do that and click NEXT.
- It will take a little while for the setup to verify your password.
- Once that’s done, if you have a Dual-Band network, you’ll be asked to the second wifi network, follow the same steps that you did to choose the first wifi network and click NEXT.
- If you are using a single-band Belkin wifi range extender you will be able to detect the 2.4 GHz band only.
- The extended network information will be displayed on the screen, click on EDIT if you want to change the information. Or else, click on CREATE EXTENDED NETWORK in order to get going with the setup.
- The extender is configured and you can see the network settings on the screen. You’ll also be able to print the info whenever necessary.
How to check if my Belkin wifi range extender is working or not?
If you don’t see a solid blue light on your Belkin range extender, this means you are not connected to the internet. In case it’s happening to you, check if the device is connected to a power outlet or not, if it is and you are not receiving any signal, just reset or reboot your extender.
My Belkin router is configured, but my Belkin wifi range extender is not able to find wifi networks. What to do?
There are a lot of reasons behind why your Belkin wifi range extender is not finding any wifi networks. It might either be because of problems and difficulties caused by surrounding objects. It can also be because your wifi range extender is not placed at an ideal distance from the Belkin router. Try refreshing the page a couple of times, if it doesn’t work start the process all over again.
How to change the wifi connection of my Belkin wifi range extender?
The only thing you can do is reset the Belkin wifi range extender back to factory default. You can do that by pressing and holding the reset button for about 10 to 15 seconds. Then, use the steps above to set up the Belkin wifi range extender wirelessly.
In what situations should you reset the extender?
While the solution for most of the problems with Belkin extenders is to reset it, doing it a large number of times is not recommended. You can reset if you are facing any errors while initial setup or are unable to access the web-page of your extender. In other situations try other methods.