first you need to understand what the lights on router mean?
green/blue–connection status(either you connected with wireless or with ethernet cable)
orange/red—could be a connection problem or issue with your modem.
keep in mind that not all routers are configured and manufacturer equally.
Follow the instructions to fix the problem.
1. power cycle the device
- unplug the power cable to turn off your modem and wait for 2 minutes.
- connect the router to modem using ethernet cable.
- using another Ethernet cable connect router and computer.
- Power up your modem and Router by plugging in its power supply.
2. Connecting to your router
- For wired connection :connect the computer to the router or modem by using the Ethernet cable.
- For wireless connection :On your computer, you can see a new Belkin network click on that.
Note :- If you are not reconnected or not seeing any new belkin name, at this time; you need to reset your router.Read more for How to reset belkin router?
visit 192.168.2.1 to see the router homepage. Now you can setup the router as a new router.visit here for setup belkin router.Change the setting accourding to you.
- Restart the Belkin router and modem and see if this will work or not
For the best results, place the Router next to your modem in an open location, away from large metal objects and magnets such as those found in speakers. To improve the strenghth of your wireless signal raise the router above floor level.I think you are not failed until you quit trying.I believe this will helps you